Recipe #12 – Easy Tasty Salad Bowl
Sometimes, I get home and want to put a lot of time and effort into my dinner, and sometimes I get home and want to stuff my face within 30 seconds flat. This is when this ridiculously easy salad bowl was created.
1 Tin Tuna (I buy mine in Brine)
Box of Gluten Free CousCous
Half a Head of Brocolli
Bag of shredded lettuce (lazy lazy)
3 Spring Onions
Salt & Pepper
- Salad Bowl
- Chopping Board
- Depending on how you want to cook your broccoli, cook this in whatever what you normally do. I oven cooked mine, which meant cutting it up into smaller chunks, covering in a little oil (I use the spray), season with salt and pepper to taste and shove in the oven on 180degrees for 20 minutes. Check on it after this time and, depending on how you like it (al dente or squidge), cook it for a bit longer or take it out.
- In your Salad Bowl, which sounds fancy but you can pick them up from Sainsbury’s for £3 (it’s just shallower and wider than a normal bowl), empty your packet of shredded lettuce (oh so lazy) and top with a little balsamic glaze.
- Drain your tuna and shove in a bowl, chop your spring onions and add your mayo to taste. I also add some pepper because I’m so fancy.
- Boil your kettle and make up as much couscous as you want. If you go for the GF stuff, which I did, this can be quite dry so feel free to add a dressing or some flavourings to it to make it test less like cardboard and more like food.
- After all your components are cooked, you can literally just shove them in the bowl, add a bit more balsamic glaze (or whatever dressing you like) and chow down or make them look like food art and appreciate your masterpiece before you eat. I know which one I’d do…
Thanks for reading,