Recipe #12 – My Favourite Breakfast
This is literally my all-time favourite breakfast/ post-workout meal. It’s so filling but tastes SO good and, if you want, you can add some warmth to the dish by gently re-heating the fruit mixture before serving for five minutes.
It’s so easy to make, can be made the night before and tastes amazing. I give you guys; my take on overnight oats.
80g Gluten Free Oats
400g 0% Fat Greek Yoghurt
2 small bananas
2 Tsps cinnamon
4 big pears (you love a good pear…)
2 handfuls frozen blueberries
1 scoop Vanilla Protein (optional)
- Wooden Spoon
The night before:
- Weigh out 80g GF oats and add to your Tupperware container. Mix in 400g of 0% greek yoghurt and stir thoroughly. If you leave a big pile in the corners it results in some grainy tasting stuff.
- Cut up your pear into bite size amounts. Add 1cm of water with 2 tsps of cinnamon to your saucepan, then chuck in the pear. Stir, and then cook on a medium heat for 30 minutes. Stir occasionally.
- When the 30 minutes are over, add in your blueberries and cook for a further 10 minutes. Remove from the hob and leave to cool overnight.
The next morning:
- Grab your oats and mix well*. Add half the mixture to each bowl (or one, if you’re making for two days).
- Grab your fruity gloopy (real word) mess to the bowl as well.
- Cut up your banana into small bit size pieces and run along the middle. Make this as fancy look at you like, or just shove it all in in one big mess. No judgement here.
*If you’re eating this post-workout, mix your vanilla protein in at this point and stir very, very well.
Thanks for reading,